CBD Can Help You Control Your Anxiety
Anxiety is a nervousness and restless state of mind that can cause compulsive behavior or panic attacks from fears and anticipation of the unknown or misfortune. More than 1 in 10 UK citizens have a disabling anxiety disorder (1). Anxiety is our bodies critical adaptive response that helps us stay alert to threats in our environment. However, anxiety can become chronic and impact our quality of life. Unfortunately, the common way of treating anxiety is through prescription drugs which often come with unwanted side effects.
In recent years, CBD has generated great interest for its anti-anxiety effects. Below is a small sample of studies that look into CBD effects on anxiety.
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report.
- Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug.
- Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa.
- Cannabidiol regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders.
- Cannabidiol Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults.
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation.
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence.
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors.
With more research coming out on the regular on how CBD can help with anxiety, it is clear that there are other ways of dealing with it outside of prescription drugs. If you are finding that anxiety is controlling your life, give our Premium CBD Oil a try and see what CBD can do for you.